On Friday the 30th of October and Monday the 1st of November at 19:00. on Zoom (links to follow and will be updated soon) The talk will be on housing for first years covering:
– different areas of Durham you can live in: their advantages and disadvantages, average house prices and types
– things to take into consideration before choosing who to live with
– how to look for a house
– things to consider before you decide to sign a contract for a house
– information about contracts, landlords, letting agreements and agencies
– bills and budgeting for the year
There will be two talks, for those who cannot make one of the dates.
The aim of the talk is to calm some of the stress you might be feeling right now and hopefully equip you with information to make signing a house an easier and less stressful time. You DO NOT need to be looking for housing right now. Take your time, this is just to help you when you do start looking.