St Cuthbert’s Society Boatclub (SCSBC) is proud to be the Cuth’s largest club. We welcome all JCR members – whether you have never rowed or coxed before and fancy something new or whether you have been winning national competitions for years.
We offer something to everyone:
- Learn how to row or cox from scratch
- Take part in regular water and land training sessions (ergs, circuits and cardio)
- Competitions available for all abilities:
- All our crews have a chance to race against other colleges, universities and rowing clubs
- Our competitive senior squads represent Cuth’s across the country from the London Heads to Durham Regatta – the largest regatta in the North-East
- Durham’s Novice Cup is a great first race which people just starting out this year can train for.
- And, most importantly, a fabulous selection of stash.
However, it’s not just about the rowing, joining us means invitations to regular socials and events offering a chance to get to know everyone from within the club in a relaxed setting. These include a variety of Boathouse socials, such as the nativity-themed Christmas Social, formal events, such as the Burns Night Ceilidh and the Boatclub dinner, as well as more casual Epic Meal Times, where we just sit and eat A LOT.