Introductions
Clara; Holly; Laura; Tara; Ewan; Jack; Hitham; Beth; Harry; Ojasee; Beth; Rachel; Beth
Clara: will put what we’ve done on fb – Movember – Hitham and assisstants leading
Hitham: campaign promise – let’s talk campaign – talking to each other about our problems – ties in with Movember – men’s health and mental health – not exclusive to guys – inclusive for all. In past, had posters up in bar and around college – got the old ones but want new ones as well. No. of events too – first, hoping for the 11th Nov – cuths café
Holly: chilled atmosphere – drop-ins make it sound like it has to be serious – cuths café is where everyone can come – chill – free food, hot chocolate etc – don’t need to have welfare issues – might come if they have something that they might not have come to for a drop in
Hitham: also thinking of getting nightline involved in that
Clara: will be seeing them in a few days
Hitham: two more events – charity formal – 29th – tickets be some amount extra – go to a charity of our choosing. And acoustic night – movember let’s talk themed acoustic night – get in touch with alt soc – throughout the month put a letterbox in the JCR – people anon put something in there, a motivational message or something to get off their chest or a mental health fact, then on acoustic night put them all together as a mural
People agree that it’s a good idea
Hitham: and obvs check them beforehand to make sure they’re appropriate. So summary: posters, cuths café, charity formal and acoustic night.
Clara: any ideas or suggestions? Also not sure how clear it is what you guys do: want to be like you choose what campaigns you want to do – v flexible – things you’re interested in, don’t have to do things youre not comfortable with or just don’t have time for. You’re all here cos you all have good ideas – more people = more representative of college – help make the campaigns more relevant. Want you guys to be known by the college – thinking of having either on fb or round college, all your faces on a poster with a thing about you or funny thing etc so people can actually come to you and know who you are.
Clara: if people are good at making memes that would be fab. Thinking if everyone made one poster then we’d have a good number, we’d put the info online. Can people make templates?
Harry and Hitham both say they could
Hitham: but also remember we don’t need templates if you don’t want to use one
Holly: explaining the roles with campaigns – roles a split for campaigns
Hitham: last year huge campaign team but no specific tasks and no one didn’t know what they were meant to do and meant some people didn’t have stuff yet. Not assigned yet. Idea for campaign manager for each indiv campaign – resources manager for getting things for it, budgets, booking rooms etc – media representative for fb posts etc. Will rotate round for diff campaigns so people get diff chances.
Clara: anyone know whether they’d like to be involved in Movember?
Hitham: can do it via blind count like in JCR.
Everyone is interested
Hitham: but if you change your mind it doesn’t matter at all
Holly: so how designate tasks for all those?
Hitham: I think by vote
Clara: do small hust for if you want to do it. But also can always have more than one person for each role. In regards to if you have a problem in terms of campaigns, talk to the campaign manager who can then pass onto someone or take it to the assistants then male/female/senior then Cat etc etc if necessary. So; media, resources and campaign manager.
Hitham: any ideas for other roles that could be added in?
Clara: like if you want to go into journalism we could have you write an article etc
Hitham: anyone for campaign manager for movember?
No one immediately volunteers
Tara: maybe hard cos we don’t know what exactly is involved yet
Hitham: maybe we do roles at the end?
Clara: maybe we assign people particular tasks of what needs to be done, and then out for those people they can go for manager. First split by media and resources.
Holly: I’ll start and say I’d rather do media – hands up for media
– Holly – Beth S – Tara – Jack
Resources:
– Ewan – Ojasee – Beth P – Rachel – Beth L – Laura
Hitham: going through events: posters ideally for everyone, but media will share them and make cover photos that have a list of events on for you to do – resources will print and stick them up, keep the receipts so we can get your money back.
Clara: if it’s a lot of money then feel free to have us pay for it using JCR
Holly: how have we kept them as consistent (graphics wise)
Hitham: templates – cuths welfare logo – movember logo – let’s talk logo
Beth S: also we could share posts and articles on the page too
Hitham: oh yeah also media team, stagger your posts
Clara: if you want to post on the freshers page we’ll have to go through Cat
Holly: since no campaign manager yet, then maybe Laura you could be resources head and Beth S you could be media head
Hitham: Cuth’s café – holly you got idea of what teams do for it?
Holly: media – things to share and stuff, resource people maybe come down for a bit help set up and run. Noticed in frepping that fresh would often find freps than welfare since less intimidating, so good to have you guys
Ojasee: do we have t-shirts or things to identify us?
Clara: don’t know the budget yet but maybe not stash, some colleges do but don’t know about how many, badges would be good.
Tara: stash might be a good idea
Hitham: the gender pronoun badges, we could make them with moustaches on etc
Clara: I’ll look into budget for stash and what not
Holly: oh for resources, I could make posters for the cuths café too and so we’ll need them put up too
Hitham: next is charity formal – bar is decorated – mental health facts printed – media publicise it to hell – cover photos and everything – resources lots of printing – and a cool photo frame with like moustaches and what not
Rachel: maybe the sticky moustaches too!
Tara: maybe we could take over the cuths jcr snapchat?
Holly: and could do a snapchat filter!
Clara: could have A5/A6 pieces of paper in the formal, which people could look at before they actually rip them up for notes
Hitham: and this would be up to resources to do these sorts of things
Clara: can all just meet before the formal and set up the bar and have fun
Hitham: charity donations as well – we’ll all decide on a charity – they increase the ticket price and give to a charity – need to check that college don’t choose the charity themselves
Clara: for choosing charity, maybe media team? Beth – email college and check the rules
Holly: any things on the side we could do in the bar? Special drink?
Beth L: part of my bar application I mentioned making a charity drink – even if it’s just a small amount on top of the price it’ll be good
Clara: and it’ll raise awareness
Hitham: acoustic night – finding out when they are – resources – Laura message Piers – maybe later in the month so have time for making letter boxes
Beth S: I’ll double check with college about putting up the letter boxes
Clara: don’t be discouraged if told no at first – college change their mind occasionally
Hitham: and can think about it differently – like do a google form about it
Beth S: and better for non-freshers
Clara: LJ is going to be doing a calendar about all the things that are going on. Also I might make a google doc that people can put any ideas on and we can look through them when it comes to doing a new campaign
Hitham: also if any of you can play anything, then go ahead and try for acoustic night
Tara can play violin
Clara: or spoken word poetry or something – or drag along a friend that can
Hitham: also for making the mural, we’ll meet up beforehand and do that. Also let us know when you do things or get replies and things. Also if you make a poster then put it on the group too. Laura get in touch with Piers soon as so we know what night we’re doing. I’ll make a watermark and template for posters tonight
Clara: and we’ll also make a poster about welfare and what drop ins are and all that
Ojasee: so with the poster with all our faces on – we could probably do cool profile picture frames
Clara: media have a look into that. The assistants will be allocating stuff, if you’re keen for something tell the assistants. Remember you don’t have to come to every event.
Hitham: tell us if it’s a bit too much for you and it’s fine
Clara: one more important thing – SOCIAL – classic idea is thing in the bar where we all get to know each other, fun games etc – people up for that? We’ll do a poll for when it’s best for people
Holly: next campaign is going to be cuths equality and diversity, which we have a huge budget for for a big night in the bar
Clara: also trans awareness is coming up, which could be tied in. On the 7th there’s a trans awareness meeting training thing if any of you want to come, could be helpful if any of you want to go into something welfare-y. Cat also offered to do active bystander training for anyone that hasn’t done it – seeing something that’s not okay and what to do about it – maybe some time towards the end of this term
Holly: if any of you want to do something in particular tell Beth S or Laura
Clara: if you’ve got any problems, then do let us know
MEETING END