Discussing motions put forward by Josh Butterworth
Motion about alcohol in the conference room
Cat: there doesn’t need to be a motion for it
Olivia: seems like he wants the motion to be passed as he runs CWAWAS and he wants official confirmation to be able to use this room
Cat: maybe he’d be happy with me sending him an email that gives him permission unless college says otherwise
Abbi: also the part about having to book the conference room it needs to be done
– Going with it doesn’t need to be passed
Motion about closing eyes for motions and amendments
Abbi: what do we think?
Cat: is there a standing order about closing eyes?
Abbi: yep
Cat: okay so it would probably need to be run as a motion rather than you change it and put it into the standing orders whilst you’re updating them
– General agree to pass it as a motion
– Meetings of the JCR Order – subsection 4.17 – needs to be updated to include eyes being closed
– “Motions shall be voted on by either a show of hands in the presence of opposition or a general ‘aye’ when opposition has not been declared. During the hands up voting, all members will be asked to close their eyes.”

Exec discount motion from social comm for exec
Samrat: will the discount change the cost of the other tickets?
Harry: based on working with previous budgets it shouldn’t do
Abbi: it’s up to the Social Chair’s discretion about how much the discount goes up to, so that it doesn’t impact the ball
Cat: also maybe it should specify that President and Social Chair get free tickets, and also the Ball Managers
Abbi: also need to include SRO
Sarah: maybe include the actual titles of who gets the discounts
Abbi: good idea – all positions of exec apart from president put in – as well as SRO separately. Also editing to include that discounts can be removed if exec don’t fulfil their duties “at the discretion of the President and Social Chair”.
Emma: maybe we should put in something official about it not impacting ticket prices

Motion about storing the tech that we have – getting lockable storage cupboards in house 8 study room
Cat: basically we have a tiny room that’s cramped to use and you have to climb over it
Olivia: and it makes the stuff less likely to be damaged which is good
Abbi: so the money comes out of the hiring it out?
Cat: not all of it, but the money that does come from it is put towards it and repairs
– All agree this sounds good

Budget application for Wildcats – match £350 and keep it in reserves if not going towards anything this year, so they have reserves in case they need to replace mats
Abbi: they asked for £250, but Amy wants to give £350 so that they’re not in a deficit
Samrat: will they own it or the JCR?
Abbi: the JCR, which is good so that they’re insured
– People generally confused about whether they’re asking for mats or replace them or?
Abbi: asking Amy – what were Cheer asking originally, and how much will subs be after they’ve been changed – will come back to this after she replies

Budget application for SCSFS – is exactly the same as last year – £300 grant, and £700 loan
Cat: question about whether we should give them the grant – we’re a charity and we do charity things but don’t put money towards it – it’s basically just a donation to charity, and the show may not go with the aims
Abbi: if they make a profit then do they necessarily need a grant? The comment they’ve given is that combined they meant that they didn’t have to pay out of pocket themselves
Cat: other members of the JCR put in huge amounts for charity, but we don’t give them a grant
Abbi: is it the biggest charity event?
Cat: raises the most money but others raise a load of awareness etc
Abbi: I’m not too sure about us as a charity giving directly to a charity

Back to cheerleading
Abbi: they didn’t ask for money as a mistake, then asked for them to match – Amy corrected it to £350 then to cover the deficit and have some reserves
Emma: but they’re subs bring in £450, so then the JCR isn’t matching it?
Cat: so couldn’t they lower their subs and then the money the JCR is giving technically matches the subs and they still have enough in their reserves?

Tried to call Amy

Abbi: okay Rishi doing S&S sign in, LJ doing the facebook livestream trial run – is something the trustees suggested – hopefully will raise awareness, there’s also a raffle with some fun prizes

Called Amy about budgets
– Amy agrees with idea to make the entire fashion show budget being a loan
– Cheerleading – almost every sport and society have at least £100 in their reserves, and it’s good for them to have money to replace new ones quickly rather than to have to take money out of facilities budget to hire stuff. Also we’re going to change the subs to £10 and we’ll match the money to £300