Cat: housing database – website – list of houses from other students – calls saying it’s not updated – worth keeping? Update?
LJ: manifesto says update – can’t publicise without update – start fresh?
Amy K: include when the data has been updated
LJ: not opposed to starting fresh
Elena: do all reviews come up over time?
LJ: yes – can filter list – not high tech – good system – should keep it
Amy K: add disclaimer saying may not be up to date – change columns – add in landlord column for filter by that
– So refresh with dates of when the entries have been updated and new columns
Elena: old stash – dodge to donate to some places – they get loads of clothes and takes money away from local people and businesses – found website for refugees in Calais – or to recycle them – reused as insulation etc – should find most ethical way. Sale may not work as well again due to loss of big selling items
– Find best option
Cat: fashion show – may not be happening – trustees back to pull – I don’t want to – comperes – content of speech not appropriate – got lots of complaints. Great opportunity for students and raise money for charity – want to keep it going – some people love it – want to keep it despite personal views
LJ: which trustees
Cat: proper not student – but put decision in our hands – made elections through JCR
Question on issues
Cat: comperes speech
LJ: can’t control what people say
Abbi: Georgia says fashion show would probably happen without Cuth’s anyway
Cat: they wouldn’t be able to advertise on any of the facebook pages – no insurance – excuse is for charity – get models to be involved in actual charitable acts
Elena: almost forcing people to volunteer – downside cos you’d probably lose interest and raise less money
LJ: if make it super clear then could work
Cat: would you support the idea?
LJ: not sure
Rishi: almost feels like a punishment – people want to be a model at a fun event
Elena: add page for it in each post – make the awareness for the charity better
Abbi: what’s the actual issue – the actual charitable stuff or the culture of the show – could be more inclusive and supportive
Cat: want to keep show with guidelines – do this etc
Abbi: have clothes at more forefront than – have made clothes
Harry: not sure how feasible
Abbi: not necessarily all the clothes – maybe a walk – have walks based on theme
Cat: Castle’s show had completely anonymous applications
Rishi: knew someone that hinted it wasn’t legit – not sure though
Cat: could this help?
LJ: if show for charity it shouldn’t matter what you look like – shouldn’t negatively affect it
Dannika: may not be positively received – some people may find it strange
LJ: limited group of people interested in it in first place – could open up the applications and lessen the inappropriate jokes
Cat: talk to exec about this
Rishi: what do the exec know?
Cat: Liz wants it in college – give more funds for security
– General consensus thinks not so good
Cat: don’t pay for venue either
Harry: they don’t pay anyway
Elena: appeal is external – glamour
– General – can’t get many people
Cat: marquee – we may be able to buy one this time
Abbi: what if we sit down with exec and chat through it with them
Dannika: good to show not all of us against it
Cat: putting them as a JCR committee – they’ll also know more things about it
Harry: Elena could be involved
Elena: could give help about actual charitable aims
Cat: Harry would sit on the committee and also probably be involved in interview process
LJ: have an external body that has to approve the items?
Dannika: a bit babysitting
Cat: having Harry sitting on committee and also writing minutes should hopefully clear that

LJ: showing database – it does actually have the date that it was input – a landlord/letting agency bit so encourages to talk about both – take out old ones and make sure the disclaimer is there – make the freps do it when they can
Cat: during setting up etc
Elena: get rid of old entries etc to prevent complaints from landlords
LJ: disclaimer – this is information inputted by students and doesn’t represent views of Cuth’s JCR

Cat: start meeting – we get the goss – discuss issues – we’re a team to support each other – may have hard things to deal with – but this’ll be the best thing you’ll ever do – everyone remember we’re here to help. People writing motions for things take it to exec meeting first so we can all discuss it. Freshers’ Week – you have no authority over any other rep – you’ll be asked to do random things. LJ you’ll may need to take over some VP duties with Harry in labs. Any qs? We can also spend up to £150 without running it by anyone. Tell us what you did this summer JCR wise
Amy J: trying to organise postgrad freshers week – aims for the year is to keep up postgrad events and the forums – make sure the postgrads know about JCR and that it’s here for them too
Cat: we have a joint JCR – other colleges have an MCR and a JCR
Harry: freshers handbook – freshers week stash – aims = find something better than phoenixprint and help people and much as possible
Christian: books – getting people to work for library – aims = sort through books
Cat: remind people can order in books
Abbi: emailing lots of people asking to sponsor JCR meetings – to no avail – need to go round in person – hopefully we’ll get sponsors and we’ll hand out flyers etc. aim: rewrite all the standing orders – they’re text docs not formatted at all – will take to gov comm and then bring to exec for input
Amy K: we hate Lloyds bank – Amy and Cat added as signatories – they said we didn’t have the right info – so had to do again – Megan didn’t get rid of the VAT thing when we changed – need to do that – could cost us a lot of money – v bad v stressful we hate Lloyds – we can now write cheques – should have a card in a couple of weeks
Cat: we were told the audit had been done – turns out hadn’t been done – takes two months – we’ll be v close to charity commission thing as that’s the deadline
Amy K: Rich Root is a top bloke
LJ: wrote the livers out handbook – set up google form for college parents – reminder tomorrow – deadline tomorrow – assign during freshers week – trying to sort out the website – not good at these C panel thingies – need computer scientist
Cat: ollie graham is and a frep
Victoria: sorting international freshers week – get international committee together and do events etc
Rishi: contacting staff – talking to team durham – made list of captains and presidents of sports and societies – spoke to Rich about naked calendar – talk to Elena about charity side – want to get experience cuths pages more active
Cat: looking for ways to recycle old ones in confidential ways
Elena: getting rid of stash and books in sustainable and good way – getting a project for cuths – got a leader and deputy leader for SCA things – should be running interviews soon for it – project school play. Working out logistics of food bank
Clara: got a joint LGBT+ night on bailey Monday after freshers week with Aidan’s – Holly got a C card set up for students in college in freshers week – get free condoms etc from Boots – grant for an event to promote inclusivity – could do t-shirts that people could get – let me know about issues in cuths about inclusivity – want to get the toilet sign changed to gender neutral rather than male and female signs
Dannika: booked clubs and ents for freshers – booked Beamish for weds 15th Nov – making some motions – got two rooms for food – more people can get in – 380 dinner and 100 ents
Cat: freshers week – everything being put in exec office rather than flat due to more keys for it – office has computer and phone and safe and minutes from forever ago – back bar been done up – brooks hopefully being done this Christmas – got account for money for bar – can upholster the sofas etc – we can paint it ourselves – get floor done – no carpet – change money proportions for Ben – get more money for bar from there – mostly been making sure Amy K alive lol
LJ: did we get ping pong table
Cat: unfortunately not – outbidded – but we can put motion in for it. Livers out handbook
LJ: need Harry to do his intro – got the thing checked over it’s all legally sound – Cat proofread it – made best for digital format
Cat: will email out when can send out batch emails
Dannika: discounts – thinking 40% off events – should SRO and female and male welfare officers be entitled to it – currently it’s £10 off – want same for social comm – want them to have guaranteed tickets – if you guys don’t get a ticket then no need to help out though – would be too many guaranteed tickets
Abbi: SRO is only not exec due to having to be impartial
Dannika: but hard to draw line maybe? Welfare etc?
LJ: male and female welfare do a lot and SRO – would be nice to reward them
Abbi: maybe a different discount?
Cat: environment rep had to do loads last year – would they get discount? Many issues. Head frep? Nah – not whole year long
Dannika – so SRO, male and female welfare, environment
Abbi: what if they get invites to formals – free formal tickets?
Cat: yeah I want more rewards to people. Formals college run – so we’d have to buy the tickets to give out?
LJ: a thank you formal? For everyone that has done stuff for JCR stuff
Cat: tell me if people are doing great work – can get them invited to high table. We get to meet SCR at some point this term
Dannika: looking to pass motion that we get rid of some social comm members – only have 3 reps per the classic years, 3 postgrad and the event managers – get rid of photography, sponsorship etc
Amy K: not tell people until after elections?
Dannika: yeah maybe – but maybe help get people to run – do we need to run it as a motion for guaranteed tickets etc?
Abbi: at your discretion – I’ll put it into exec motion

Cat: panto – Liz wants it cancelled – we don’t want this (sidenote – Wayne wants to be in) – how can we lessen heckling? Liz suggested seating plan
LJ: who would sit in their allocated seat though – more work but won’t work
Dannika: does she know that heckling is part of the interview process? It’s made very aware
Abbi: invite Liz to school production instead?
Cat: maybe have microphones – stops interrupting performance
LJ: paid by college?
Cat: nah
LJ: drama has some budget willing to use for some things
Cat: drama has been ratified – so can now use DST things like the rooms etc – had issues before with charitable status – think more pros than cons
Rishi: worried Liz’s perception is skewed by the night she was there
LJ: Lizzie Elton banned hockey club being hockey club – they just turned up not as the club
Cat: an article was going to be run about panto – got stopped – about the content of heckling. Cresside Peever wrote panto at one point – was so funny – means less heckling – is willing to look over the script (is a writer) and also Liz likes her
LJ: we spoke about heckling as exec – no real plan on how to enforce it if someone heckles badly – want to kick them out – unfair on drama exec – maybe ask porters?
Cat: maybe! Also poss security
LJ: could be worked into budget
Clara: a bingo thing – they put on a song that everyone sang to shame the bad people to leave
Cat: anything else?
No
End